Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September 8th: "Changing"

This is a pic of something we pass on our way to Dardenelle (the largest city in our area... 4,000 peeps)... It never fails to bring a smile to my face. ;)
 Well, I've come to a conclusion... God is all about Change, and that never changes... His will stays the same and that means change, change, change. I've decided to once again try to read the Book of Mormon in 30 days and it has been, yet again, an extremely eye opening experience. I know that The Book of Mormon is the Word of God. I also know that God is all about giving us more and more and more. This week was a very large growing experience simply because... a lot of things I didn't expect... happened. Hahaha!  God really has a way of giving us more that we bargained for. :D
  Tuesday we got a call from the Assistants to the President saying that my Companion Sister Thompson will be training... which for sure meant that I was leaving, and I was a little sad (though I knew that this was the most probable situation), and I wanted to be sure that I left the area on a good note.   After a lot of weird and random unforeseeable events, and feeling super drained... We had a ton of wonderful miracles!!! The kind which... can't really be explained in words. However, my testimony really has been strengthened that there must needs be an opposition in all things. And because of sadness, there can be hope and happiness. :D 
  Katie is also taking on the 30 day challenge and it's been so wonderful to see her devour the scriptures. She's way ahead of me and is looking like she might finish early! It's been so comforting to ask how she's been doing and to have her give us her insights on the Tree of Life and read us her favorite scriptures from that day's or even the next day's reading. I hope to one day be as close to God as she is... she's taught me so much about life and learning... and being willing to accept God's will no matter the sacrifice. She is amazing, I'm so so so so honored to have gotten to know her. I don't know where I'll be going from here... but I know that it will be according to God's will, and I hope that I can always remember these experiences and that God works line upon line and precept upon precept... And the promise "Unto him that receiveth I will give more." 2 Nephi 28:30 
  "You might be able to take the girl out of Danville, but you'll never be able to take the Danville out of the Girl." ~Sister Broach

Love y'all and Have a Blessed Week,

Sister Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment