Friday, November 15, 2013

the end is nigh...

The end of this transfer is next week. AHHH!!! My first transfer come and almost gone. Why is mission time so fast???? Oh well. I've been having more of a blast! We went to the zoo last Monday and it was the BEST ZOO EVER!!! I faced my fear of Alligators.... there was only one... and he was only 4 feet... and behind glass and surprisingly... I only felt disgust. I mean the fear was there... and I was like Ewww gross... but he didn't move and there was a wall between us so it was more fascinating than scary... I was proud of myself for not squealing. :D :D Baby steps, baby steps. Anyways, after that we met with H... and T...and it was awesome, we really just sat down and figured out their intentions. They basically told us that they were only interested in interfaith dialogue and that they found our religion fascinating and the people kind but had no intention of ever converting. We said great, and have now passed them on to the ward for fellowshipping and dialogue and have focused our/the Lord's time elsewhere for the progression of the Work.
   Tuesday was the best day ever!!! It was a totally awesome way to spend the day. We got dressed in our t-shirt and jeans and just went to any house with leaves that we felt prompted to and asked if they would let us serve them as representatives of Jesus Christ by raking their leaves for free. First few hours were rough but in the end we got 2 referrals and 2 new investigators!!!!! <3 service speaks when badges don't. It was beautiful. The new investigators are M____ and his wife. He's a truck driver. It's a super cool story... so we were raking leaves and it was getting late but we both felt prompted to knock on this one last door. We went up and asked if we could rake his leaves as an act of service and he just stopped... looked inside... looked at us again and said what did you just say? We repeated what we said and he broke out into a huge smile and said "Wow" we smiled and said it would really be our pleasure, that it was no charge, and that we had felt prompted to knock on his door. He smiled and told us that he had just finished telling his wife that even though he didn't want to, he needed to go rake the leaves and asked for her help when the doorbell rang. We of course seized the opportunity to bear witness that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that we were there to represent his son and Help them. He smiled all peacefully and we felt the spirit so strongly and he nodded as he said "Wow, you really are sent from God." 
  Yup, it was awesome. We raked his leaves like we had no worries or troubles in the whole world. He came out with a leave blower and we got it done really fast. we left him with a card and set up a return appointment. Unfortunately our ride fell through and we couldn't bike there in time so we dropped by the next day and left a note. And then... HE CALLED US!!! The next day he called us during study time apologizing and we set up another appointment :D :D :D The gospel is true y'all. Miracles happen. When people are prepared God acts. Wednesday was Zone Meeting and we had a potluck where members came and met our investigators :D It was amazing. I love our ward. We watched the Lamb of God and bore our testimonies and then had a jam session where one of our investigators played the piano and we sang hymns and it was awesome!!! T___ hasn't been doing well. please pray for her... she got in an accident and we can tell there's something bothering her so if you could pray for her... it would mean a lot. 
   We spoke and sang in Sacrament... Sister Bradford only talked for 5 minutes so... I spoke for 25... I know it was only by the spirit that I was able to give the Talk I did. I can't tell you what I spoke about because honestly the talk I wrote and the talk I gave weren't the same, as well as I can't remember 1/2 the things I said, and the other 1/2 I learned so much from that I couldn't really put it into words. But I spoke on meekness-being willing to change... and missionary work... and stuff.
  Everyone liked it, and the 1st counselor cried... so ya. :D Thanks dad, for teaching me how to write talk outlines. 
   So we got D.... to come to a church/service activity!!! It was amazing! She's decided to move into the Elderly home we sing at for our service! Crazy how the Lord works. :D 
   So I'm not really sure what else to write, but I just want to bear my testimony that the longer I'm out here the more I know that this is the Lord's work and I'm filled with this overwhelming gratitude and happiness :D :D that he lets me come and serve. I love you all, you're in my prayers. be safe and I hope to hear from y'all soon. 
Sister Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment