Monday, November 18, 2013

Do I stay or do I go?

Temple in Memphis, Tennessee.
LDS Temple in Memphis, Tennnessee
Today we found out transfers, I will be staying with my current companion Sister Bradford. :D :D :D GOOD!!! Because seriously, we just got some amazing traction on the work in this area and I was not very willing to give it up. We just got back from the temple!!! Eeeek!!! I love the temple, I'm so glad I live close enough to be allowed to go. It was such an amazing experience to go as a missionary, I felt extra happy the whole time. I kept on thinking about how some day my investigators would be sitting where I was at that moment and I felt this overwhelming peace and love and added determination to do my absolute best to get them all to that point. Our ward is starting to get involved here and the miracles multiplied!!! This Sunday we got 2 ward member referrals. Sister D wants us to come and teach her husband and Brother B found us someone to teach as well. Sister Bradford and I couldn't stop smiling we were both so happy!!! A and J.C S_____ are really progressing. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and we answered a ton of questions... at the end A asked us smiling "Is it bad to say... that... well, I really like this?" We all laughed and smiled and said "No!" Sister C said "Of course not, it's music to our ears!" We bore our testimony that we knew it was God's plan and that she was feeling the Holy Ghost testify to her of it's truthfulness and that she and J.C. could pray in order to gain a knowledge of it's truthfulness. :D We also taught D_____ the plan of salvation and it went really really well. All of our investigators (that are women) are coming to the R.S. Christmas party tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this church. I love our members. :D
   So the latest on T____ and Q_______. T came to church this Sunday and we had a great lesson on the Restoration and the Nature of God. Q was at his dad's house. But just so you know a few days ago T told us she was no longer in a hurry to be baptized... the next lesson we kind of established why and did our best to eliminate her fears by starting to re-teach the lessons but nothing major happened. Then, Elder Sudweeks and his Parents (they were his companions since they are taking him home tomorrow) swung by and gave T____ a priesthood blessing to stop smoking and set a date for Dec the 14th. :D :D :D I love the Priesthood. Please pray for her. I'm going to send my mother a list of the names of my investigators in case you want to know their whole names. :D I am so grateful to be here, I know this is where God wants me to be. It's been difficult at times... just because I never knew how much I needed to change until I was here. Change is hard, but it is sooooooooo worth all the effort. I'm doing my best. I appreciate all the prayers, letters, and love that you all have been sending me. It's helped me so much. I hope all is well with you. I pray for you and hope all is well. Hope to hear from y'all soon.
Sister Foster
  PS (from Taylor's mommy) the Mums below were a potted plant that Taylor loved, and bought, and planted in July.  They started blooming again after she was out in the field. Just like my little girl  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment