Monday, August 25, 2014

AUGUST 4th NEW beginnings

I know y'all are just dyin' to know all about my new comp so I'll tell youins. Sooooo Sister Thompson is super duper awesome, she's from (any guesses? are you sure? DRUUUUMMMMMROOOOOLLLLL) St. George, UT. She's not even a month younger than me and only 1 transfer younger... yay for Senior Companion... Hahaha I don't really feel like Senior Companion since she's so amazing though so that's nice. She's one of the sweetest people I've ever met... Like almost Kari Sanderson status... only time will tell how close she could get. Hahaha Love you Kari! Anywho, she's an amazing teacher and is really good at asking inspired questions and getting the investigator's talking and then she's also a really great listener... She's a Super-Sister. Like super Woman, but younger and with a badge. She has super gorgeous blonde hair with natural highlights and low-lights. She's got gorgeous blue eyes, and is just all around awesome.
  I know that I've said that about all of my comps so far... but honestly they really are. I don't really know why I've been so blessed, but I'll take it. She was a runner before her mission and ran the St. George marathon. She loved Social Dance, and was a Valedictorian in her Graduating class. She's super sweet and all the members in her last area called her Sweet T. It fits her. :D 
  Soooooooo BRUCE GOT BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY!!!!! We don't take any credit for Bruce, he was taught by the Hansen's except for a few sundays. His Family is all LDS and they've been hoping he'd be bapized for about 60+ years now... his family all gave talks and it was one of the most touching services I've ever seen because all of them told stories of his example growing up, and their testimonies were just so heart wrenchingly beautiful. I love love love this Gospel! It really does bless families. 
   Last night we had yet another wonderful encounter with KT!!! We had invited her to pray about a baptismal date a few days ago and she told us she would. Then last night she showed us a video of her facing her fear of water by going all the way under at a swimming hole... and told us about what happened when she prayed. She had the specific scripture reference of Alma 32:16 come into her head and as she read it... it says 

  Therefore, blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble; or rather, in other words, blessed is he that believeth in the word of God, and is baptized without stubbornness of heart, yea, without being compelled to know, before they will believe.

  It went on about asking for signs and having faith. She said she knew that she needed to be baptized and since the reference was 32:16 she's decided she wants to be baptized on the 16th!!!! BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, I freaked out and am so excited my heart hasn't stopped smiling since. So many miracles here! We got triple as many referrals this week too so yeah... if there was a cloud nine... I'd be riding it right now. 
  There was this really cool analogy about how we are pencils... and I KNOW that everything we do leaves a mark. :D :D 

  Have a blessed week! May the Spirit continue to strengthen you on your path, that you might never feel alone... and know you are loved. 

Sister Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment