Monday, August 18, 2014

O, Remember Remember!

BEST WEEK OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 1). Katie's baptism was super duper magical in every way
 2). BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!
 3). Best everything... just everything.
At the beginning of this week one of the people that we're teaching almost made me cry cause after a lesson she just looked up and called me her personal angel... And I was just so happy that Heavenly Father could work through such a young and inexperienced girl like me to touch this wonderful ladies heart, and that she would also call me one of my favorite nicknames from my mom... I can't really capture how happy of a moment it was, but it really was another testimony that God know's us all personally. The whole lesson I had felt like I was struggling to teach the doctrine simply so she could understand... and I couldn't really tell how much she had taken in, and so when she called me an angel it was so unexpected, but so needed at that moment... Sometimes I wonder if I could ever express how much gratitude I feel towards those we teach... they touch me so deeply.
  But, I know y'all are just dying to know about KT!!!!!!!!! As you should cause she's freaking awesome!!!! So, after the whole episode from last week she's done a complete 180 happiness wise. I know that she had a very special experience when she passed away though she's prayerfully decided that it's too sacred to share or put into words. It's such a testimony to me that even the worst of trials brought her so much peace and so much hope. She's so wonderful. Her baptism was at a place called Kirkwood. It's a natural swimming hole with a waterfall. It's a mile hike from the dirt road, and is a gorgeous spot... It's one of her favorite places in the world, and I know that it was meant to be. As she was being baptized there was such a special spirit, It was like we were suddenly surrounded by light and everything got clearer and she was just SO happy, she was beaming... despite the fact the water was cold, she's terrified of water, and had just hiked a mile. Despite the fact the whole time we were having a program her mother was texting her to disown her if she was baptized, despite the fact none of the friends she invited showed up (except ashley and jeramie). Despite everything... actaully, because of everything... It was the most beautiful experience. She was literally beaming with joy. :D
  After her confirmation she told us she felt like a void in her heart had been filled. She was so giddy!!!!!! The spirit is real, I know this church has the restored power of God. I know that the Gift of the Holy Ghost is truly real. I am so so so so so happy that I could be a part of her story. And still am. :D We found some really cool families this week. They are our Recent Convert's in-laws, I really hope that they can come to be even closer. The work keeps on hastening and I'm just so happy to be a part of it.
Love and Pray for y'all
Sister Foster

Excerpts from Taylor's letter to her mommy: 
Dearest MOMMY!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I LOOOOOOOOVED MY PACKAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bahahahahahaha it was so great, a package from you and a package from AZ came on the same day, it was great. The Elders just showed up on our doorstep with 2 packages, BOTH FOR MEEEEE <3 Best day ever.  The Fruit leather has saved my life this week since we've had a lot of hit and run dinner appointments and they are compact and delicious. :D  Thanks for the B-day wishes.  I LOVE that card, did I pick that one out? It's so me it hurts. I loved dad's comments on it too, I was laughing so hard, I've never seen him write so much on a B-day card... I'm pretty sure my companion thought I was losing my mind I was so happy. I love y'all soooooo much. :D
 My new companion is super duper organized. She liked to run in her spare time, now she tidies and re-organizes. She has 2 sisters and she really likes Deseret Book, country music, and super cute clothes. :D She's just really enthusiastic about everything so I'm not really sure what is her favorite.... So much energy, but so personable, and super sweet, very aware of everyone, and loves to learn more about the Gospel. It's so hard to explain companions.... they're just... awesome. :D   
    I'm loving it here. KATIE WAS BAPTIZED!!! :D   :D   Anyways I've gotta write my big email or I'll run out of time <3 LOVE YOU
Taylor  (wearing "birthday girl" banner..just for me! :) } and Sister Thompson


KT's baptism at beautiful Kirkwood pool

No comments:

Post a Comment